Position: Workboat Engineer
Company: Boston Harbor Cruises
Local work boat company seeks onboard Engineer crewmember. Week on/ week off schedule based in Charlestown, MA onboard 118’ crew style aluminum vessel. This is an at sea position onboard an operating work boat that returns every week.
- Duties include watch standing and monitoring to ensure all vessel systems are operating normally.
- Systems include but may not be limited to hydraulic, electrical (AC and DC), HVAC, piping and plumbing, propulsion diesel engines and drive systems, generators and auxiliary engines.
- Complete scheduled maintenance tasks as required such as oil changes, lubrications, inspections, etc.
- Ability to identify and complete minor repairs as needed. Ability to assist with more comprehensive repairs shoreside as needed.
- Ability to work mostly independently, or with others proactively. Ability to document all work, including use of a web based maintenance program.
- Ability to assist with deck operations or other duties assigned by the Captain as needed.
- Able to assist with paid semi-annual dry docking periods
You will be enrolled in a mandatory random drug testing program while employed and subjected to a pre-employment drug test/screening.
Pay is based on a standard “day rate” or pay per day.
Please email your resume to: email@example.com