Position: Tugboat Captain
Company: Beyel Brothers Inc.
To serve as the Captain of the tugboat to which assigned, in charge of overall safe operations, maintenance, crew accountability and productivity. Able to operate/ navigate any vessel in the fleet efficiently and safely.
- Understand and comply with standard procedures and guidelines for the operation of a safe and environmentally sound vessel.
- Adhere to and be an advocate and authority regarding protocols that deal with prevention of product/petroleum spills and what to do in case of an actual emergency. Alert the Port Captain or GM in the event of even a very minor spill and participate in any investigation to understand and have input in corrective actions.
- Conduct required safety drills including those for spills, man-overboard, fire and mayday. Document in ship logbook and/or other appropriate log.
- Conduct inspections of your assigned vessel to ensure seaworthy condition and arrange for maintenance and repair activities to correct any deficiencies.
- Hold crew accountable for their adherence to maritime law, the policies of the company and their individual performance.
- Towing Experience REQUIRED!
- Merchant Mariners Credentials that includes 100 or 200 Ton Master.
- TWIC Holder and US Passport
- Excellent compensation for the right candidate.
- Beyel Brothers Inc. is proud to be and AA/EE Employer.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Passport (Required)
- TWIC Card (Required)