Position: Marine Forklift Operator
Company: Bolton Landing Marina
Location: Bolton Landing, NY
Starting Pay: *Competitive and Based on Experience
We are accepting applications for full or part-time position(s) available for a marine forklift operator. Previous marine forklift experience preferred, but wining to train the right individual.
We are looking for someone who adds value to our excellent team, and is highly focused on safe driving and the customer experience. Candidates must be dependable, punctual, have a strong work ethic, customer service skills, a good driving record, a valid driver’s license, and reliable transportation.
Knowledge of boats and boating skills for moving and docking customer’s boats is a definite plus. Starting pay is competitive and based upon experience.
Marina Forklift Operator Responsibilities include:
- Performing daily inspections of forklift
- Greeting customers when arriving and departing the facility
- Fueling boats
- Fueling forklift and performing preventative maintenance which requires lifting, bending, pulling and pushing
- Operating forklift while removing boats from a dry storage rack of multiple levels and transporting them to other racks and to and from the water
- Guiding boats off of the forklift into the water and pulling boats from the water onto the forkfiff which involves lifting and pulDng of often heavy loads
- Manage space availability tor boats in the storage building on the docks.
- Securing boats to dock – properly launch and haul boats via trucks and trailers
- Occasionally required to reconfigure metal rack beams and bunker boards
- General Marina and property maintenance duties
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Candidates must love the marina business, be comfortable with customer service, enjoy being around power boats from 20′ up to 35′ and have experience as a marine forklift driver or equipment operator experience.
- Contact Dan Behan, Jr. by emailing: email@example.com or call (518) 796-5223.