Position: Licensed 100 Ton Captain
Company: Maid of the Mist
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Starting Pay: *Competitive and Based on Experience
The MAID OF THE MIST CORPORATION is looking for a Full-Time 100-Ton Captain for its sightseeing boat tour operation in Niagara Falls, NY. The successful applicant(s) will be employed annually from April 1st until December 1st. (Subject to change at company’s discretion, dates may vary from March 1st – December 15th of each year). Work on weekends and Holidays is required. Overtime may be required.
Applicants are required to have the following:
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating & handling inspected passenger vessels.
- Must possess and maintain a 100-Ton Captains license, and current first aid & CPR certificates.
- Must possess a Marine Radio Operators Permit.
- Radar endorsement is preferred.
- Applicants will be required to submit a resume with prior ship handling experience.
- Applicants will be asked to submit references from prior employment.
- The position requires an individual that possesses a positive attitude, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The applicant must be able to interact with the public in a fast-paced work environment.
The Maid of the Mist is a boat tour of Niagara Falls, starting and ending on the American side, crossing briefly into Ontario during a portion of the trip. (The actual boats used are also named Maid of the Mist, followed by a different Roman numeral in each case.) The boat starts off at a calm part of the Niagara River, near the Rainbow Bridge, and takes its passengers past the American and Bridal Veil Falls, then into the dense mist of spray inside the curve of the Horseshoe Falls, also known as the Canadian Falls.
- Email your application and cover letter to Ashley Eason: firstname.lastname@example.org