Captain Aaron Bresnahan
Captain Aaron Bresnahan retired from the US Navy Reserve after 28 years of commissioned service as a Strategic Sealift Officer. He had two command tours while a Captain, serving as Commanding Officer of NR, MSCCENT HQ, and subsequently as Commanding Officer of NR, MSCEURAF HQ.
Captain Bresnahan previously served as President and Managing Director of Wartsila North America, Inc., a Smart Technology company employing approx. 900 employees in the USA. He also served as a member of the Wartsila Corporation Marine Business Management Team and was its Vice President, Americas, responsible for achieving Marine Business financial, operational, and safety targets throughout the Americas. Wartsila Corporation is a global leader in the supply of Marine Solutions, Energy Solutions, and related Services. He previously held the roles of Chairman of the Board and President of Wartsila Dynamic Positioning Systems, Inc.; President, Board member, and Shareholder Representative of Wartsila Defense, Inc.; and Chairman of the Board of Wartsila Canada, Inc.
During his 23-year tenure with Wartsila, Captain Bresnahan held various Senior Executive-level, Director-level, and General Managerial positions; being assigned to both global and domestic responsibilities within the maritime sector.
Captain Bresnahan is currently a member of the Board of Directors of the Navy League – Fort Lauderdale Council. He is also a member of the Association of the US Navy (AUSN) Scholarship Fund, providing scholarships to eligible students. CAPT Bresnahan is a Director & Secretary of the Naval Order of the United States Foundation Fund. He is a life member of the Navy League, the America Legion, and the Navy War College Foundation.
Education & Certificates
- Harvard Business School Executive Education, Certificate of Management Excellence, 2021
- National Defense University, Reserve Component National Security Course, 2018
- Navy Reserve Officer Senior Leadership Course, US Navy Reserve, 2016
- Joint Forces Staff College, Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, 2014
- Harvard Business School Executive Education, Aligning Strategy & Sales, 2012
- IMD Executive Education, Lausanne Leadership Program, 2009.
- MA, National Security & Strategic Studies, US Naval War College, 2006
- US Naval War College, Joint Professional Military Education, Phase I, 2005
- MBA, Business Administration, Regent University, 1993
- BS, Marine Engineering Systems, US Merchant Marine Academy, 1991