Position: Launch Operator
Company: Portland Yacht Club
Location: Falmouth, ME
Pay: *Based On Experience
- Provide safe and timely transport to and from member and guest vessels moored at Portland Yacht Club.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Current USCG Launch Operators License and first aid/CPR certifications required.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate launch as a licensed professional mariner and monitor VHF channel 68 at all times.
- Assist club members and guests with transfer of bags, coolers, and supplies from PYC launch to owner vessels as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of launches and report maintenance issues as needed.
- If available, be able to assist with tie up and docking of members’ vessels.
- Upon request, assist members with various tasks while maintaining a neat appearance and pleasant demeanor.
OTHER DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Opening and closing of the Clubhouse, cleaning, fueling and general maintenance of launches such as engine fluid level checks.
- General housekeeping of dock house and docks.
- Daily log entries as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be competent in seamanship, capable of handling a USCG inspected 26 foot vessel, and physically able of rowing a small dinghy.
- Knowledge of maritime safety including fire suppression and man overboard procedure required.
- If needed, launch staff should be able to assist in providing basic first aid and assistance.
- Must be comfortable operating vessel in all weather conditions including wind, rain, and fog. with tiller or wheel operated steering systems.
- General maritime experience with tides and currents as well as local knowledge of Casco Bay encouraged.
- Must be willing to work outside, on the water, in adverse weather conditions.
- Nights, weekends, and holidays a must.
- Scheduling flexibility during the busiest season required.
- Must be capable and responsible working alone and unsupervised subsequent to training period.
- All operators will be enrolled in a random drug test program and must comply per USCG.
- A clean and neat appearance will be required and some uniform clothing will be provided.
- Year end bonus eligibility dependent on successful completion of agreed work requirement.
- Email your resume: firstname.lastname@example.org