POSITION: Water Taxi Captain (Hourly)
COMPANY: Boston Harbor City Cruises
LOCATION: Boston, Massachusetts
City Experiences is seeking a Water Taxi Captain for our Boston Harbor City Cruises operation.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Our BHC Water Taxi operation provides efficient, courteous, and safe water transportation service within Boston’s inner harbor, picking up and dropping off guests at approximately 16 different docks that serve hotels, residences, businesses, and Boston Logan Airport. We carry passengers to the Seaport District, downtown Boston, Charlestown, East Boston, and more, all done on an “on call” basis, with several intersecting routes.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely operate BHC’s Water Taxi vessels, which range in capacity from 21 to 40 passengers.
- Demonstrate excellent boat-handling skills and familiarity with standard marine safety procedures and drills.
- Possess a familiarity with Boston’s inner harbor and the basic geography of the surrounding area.
- Run on-board transactions with our point-of-sale system, such as scanning e-tickets and processing credit card sales.
- Interact with guests in a friendly and helpful manner, giving directions to hotels, attractions, and other points of interest that are located near the docks.
- Maintain an immaculately vessel, cleaning the boat throughout the day, and leaving it in excellent condition at the end of a shift.
- Familiarity with diesel engines is a big plus, as is having the ability to trouble-shoot technical and mechanical issues as they arise.
- Communicate clearly, courteously, and effectively with other team members: with fellow captains, dispatchers, operations managers, and engineering technicians.
- Additional job duties assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 25-ton captain’s license
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential or TWIC Card
- Marine Radio Operator Permit
- CPR / First Aid Certificate
- Detail Oriented
- Good radar skills
- Knowledge of Boston Harbor and the surrounding islands
- Strong focus on safety and teamwork
- Ability to provide courteous and engaging service to passengers.
- Will be required to work minimum one weekend day (ability to work both a plus), evenings and on all major holidays.
- Must be able to work through Labor Day, preferably until the end of October.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military statue, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- CPR Certification
Posted May 24, 2021