COMPANY: Semper Offshore
LOCATION: Charleston, Massachusetts
- The vessel master has the ultimate authority for all actions and decisions that affect the safety of the crew, the vessel, and the marine environment.
- Responsible for all activity and operations occurring on board the vessel.
- Responsible to know, understand and implement the policies and procedures described in the HSQE program and SMS manual.
- Responsible to ensure the vessel is operated in a safe manner according to State and Federal regulation, company standards, marine industry best practices and the practice of good seamanship.
- Responsible to ensure the crew members continuously meet the minimum training and competence standards for the position held on board.
- The Master shall ensure that all operations and activities conducted by or on board the vessel are properly assessed for risk of adverse consequences. That risk assessments are conducted, and appropriate mitigations are implemented and documented.
- The master is responsible to conduct drills, exercises, and training to meet the safety, pollution prevention and operational needs of the vessel and crew.
- The master represents the company to customers, regulators, officials, inspectors, and the public. They are responsible to protect and promote the reputation and interests of the company, consistent with the HSQE policy and Safety Management System.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Merchant Mariner Credential – minimum – 100 Ton Near-coastal
- Valid CG Medical Card
- CPR/First Aid certification
- FCC Radio operators license
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and be entered in a random drug testing program.
- Ability to work at sea in rough weather situations.
- Able to be away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Physically fit and able to work in harsh conditions, climb ladders, and lift items up to 50 lbs.
This position is full time based out of Charlestown, MA. It is a combination of shore side work performed daily and paid hourly and offshore/underway work that ranges from a couple days to 2 weeks and paid at “day rate.”
Compensation based on experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Semper Offshore LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
For more information or to apply please contact Greg Jaeger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted March 27th, 2023