COMPANY: Semper Offshore
LOCATION: Charleston, Massachusetts
- The vessels engineer reports to the Master or his delegated representative. They are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the vessel’s propulsion and engineering systems. Systems include but not limited to main diesel engines, auxiliaries, fuel, lube oil, steering, sanitation, hydraulic, ventilation, electrical systems, pumps, compressors, valves, and other equipment systems.
- The engineer is responsible for maintaining the equipment and systems according to regulatory requirements, marine engineering standards, manufacturers recommendations and operational requirements of the vessel.
- The engineer must maintain the proper maintenance records and be able to enter data into the company maintenance program.
- Occasionally assist on repairs and maintenance on other vessels and equipment in the fleet.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid CG Medical Card
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and be entered in a random drug testing program.
- Work at sea in rough weather situations.
- Ability to be away from home for up to 2 weeks at a time.
- Physically fit and able to work in harsh conditions, climb ladders, and lift items up to 50 lbs.
This position is full time based out of Charlestown, MA. The rotation is 28/14. More info on rotation will be provided.
Compensation based on experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Semper Offshore LLC is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination, hostility, harassment, and retaliation.
For more information or to apply please contact Greg Jaeger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted March 27th, 2023