POSITIONS: Fishing Boat – Relief Captain & Fishing Crew
LOCATION: Newport, Rhode Island
Fish ‘n Tales Adventures in Newport, RI seeks friendly, motivated and professional individuals for our Relief Captain positions.
- Must be Coast Guard Licensed and able to operate vessel for party boat fishing, Lobster Tours and Harbor Tours.
- Drug testing required.
- Must be very proficient with operation of a 49 ft. single screw vessel in tight quarters.
- Season starts in May and goes into September.
- Service oriented, friendly, committed to teamwork and catering to customer needs.
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of Newport and surroundings helpful.
Fishing Crew Positions:
Join FishnTales, the only Party Boat in Narragansett Bay. We operate fishing trips out of Newport Harbor aboard the Northeastern. We are looking for enthusiastic, hardworking, and friendly crew members to help create fantastic experiences for our passengers. Job is part time day job with possibility of increased hours. Seasonal position starting in May going thru October. Newport is a tourist town.
- Greet and interact with passengers in a friendly, engaging, and courteous manner.
- Be experienced with Bottom fishing and be able to fillet fish.
- Live Locally- as this is a day job. Housing not supplied.
- Be able to help beginners (many first-timers) and experienced passengers to fish.
- Work with all ages
- Learn and perform deckhand duties for vessel, such as line handling, anchoring, and safety drills.
- Support the vessel master in the safe and efficient operation of the vessel.
- Be responsible for adherence to safety rules and instructions.
- Maintain a clean environment on board the vessel at all times.
- Follow direction from Captain.
- Work in inclement weather
- This is a safety sensitive position, and all candidates are subject to pre-employment drug screening and routine background check and to random drug and alcohol screening.
Please call Jeff at 401-465-8999, if interested. Thank you!
Posted June 24, 2021