POSITIONS: Marine Mechanic
COMPANY: McLean Contracting Company
LOCATION: Baltimore, Maryland
Founded in 1903, McLean Contracting Company is fully owned by its active employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. The company and its 300 employees have extensive experience in both land and marine based heavy construction, such as piers and bridges. McLean operates in the Mid-Atlantic region from its home office in Glen Burnie, MD and self-performs the majority of its contract work with support from its regional offices/equipment yards in Curtis Bay, MD, Galesville, MD and Chesapeake, VA. Historically, McLean has promoted from within our own employee base. With a strong tradition of integrity, efficiency, preparedness, employee relations, and commitment to safety, a career with McLean may be the right choice for you!
Overview and Qualifications:
We are currently looking for a self- motived experienced marine mechanic to join our service team. Selected candidate will work on a wide range of marine equipment from 1400hp Tugboats to 25hp outboard motors.
It is desirable for a Marine Mechanic to possess a strong ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and make necessary repairs to marine equipment with little supervision. Preferred Candidates will have 15+ years of relative experience. Primarily, a person in this position will report to one of our permanent Yard facilities in either our Curtis Bay, MD or Galesville, MD locations, but will be expected to travel to job locations with a company supplied service truck to conduct moderate complexity repairs. Overnight travel may be required.
Job Requirements Summary (must possess the following qualifications/skills/knowledge):
- Marine diesel repairs, 15+ years of repair/ rebuild experience with 53,71,92, or 149 Series Detroit Diesels.
- Proficiency in welding aluminum and steel to marine standards. (ARC preferably but MIG and TIG will work)
- Ability to read/ interpret electrical schematics.
- Strong knowledge of marine systems in work vessels.
- Ability to read/ interpret hydraulic schematics.
- Experience with repairing hydraulic systems (pumps, motors, actuators, etc.)
- Experience with installing/ repairing marine electronic equipment with understanding of NEMA networking.
- Strong knowledge of marine electrical systems, ABYC Certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of Coast Guard Sub Chapter C and M regulations a plus
- Ability to drive a Commercial Motor Vehicle, Driver’s License Class B is a plus (willing to assist with obtaining license).
- Fabrication experience (metal work, fiberglass, sand blasting and painting.
- Ability and knowledge to utilize a laptop or tablet for digital manuals, email, time entry etc.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions, at various heights and around large moving equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Starting Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Excellent fringe benefits including, Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance, Prescription Drug, Life & Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Vacation and Holidays.
Maximize your Career Potential by taking advantage of the many opportunities available here at McLean Contracting Company. McLean’s rich history includes countless success stories and all of them involve the hard work and dedication of our best asset, our employees! McLean has achieved an enviable reputation in the Heavy Construction Industry. We hope you will consider joining our team.
Pay: $40+/hr. DOE
Please submit resumes to Nina Johnson via e-mail at email@example.com.
100% Employee Owned – EOE/M/F/Disability/Vets
Posted December 14, 2021