POSITION: Launch Operator
COMPANY: Ocean Havens Marinas
LOCATION: Provincetown, MA
Provincetown Marina located in Provincetown, MA. is seeking a full-time seasonal Launch Operator for the upcoming 2021 boating season. The season runs from May 15th-October 15th. The Launch Operator as boat captain is responsible for the safe passage of marina guests to and from the floating docks. They also assist the guests in the fueling of boats, getting ice if requested, keeping Launch vessels in pristine condition and general policing of the marina property. The Launch Operator will report directly to the Launch Manager and will closely collaborate with the Marina team.
- A valid and current U.S.C.G. License*
- A valid Driver’s License
- Have a positive attitude and be a team member
- Perform other related duties, tasks, and responsibilities as required or apparent.
- Be courteous, gracious, and helpful to all seasonal and transient guests
- Assist members with heavy packages and supplies
- Aid vessels in need of mooring/docking help
- Be proactive in your position and anticipate guests needs
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Have reliable transportation
- The ability to work “hands on”
- Oversee Opening and Closing Checklists
- Boat handling in adverse conditions
- General boat maintenance knowledge
- Sense of Direction
- Strong verbal and written skills
Must be willing to take a pre employment drug test prior to coming aboard.
$18 – $20 per hour
Great work environment
Uniform shirt, belt and hat provided. Uniform consists of khaki pants and either white or brown boat shoes.
*launch operator license or above
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time, use hands and fingers, reach, climb, bend, twist, stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Tom Ryan via the button below:
Posted February 19, 2021