POSITION: Water Taxi Captain (Hourly)
COMPANY: Boston Harbor City Cruises
LOCATION: Boston, Massachusetts
City Experiences is seeking a CODZILLA Captain for our City Cruises, Boston Harbor operation.
City Experiences’ passion is to provide amazing experiences on land and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you’re an enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
The successful Captain is responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, and overall condition of the vessel and the safety of all aboard. The Captain is the supervisor of vessel crew. Captain directs the crew on a day-to-day basis and must meet and maintain the minimum qualification requirements of the company and all regulatory agencies.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City Experiences’ RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Captain is the company’s onboard manager and representative.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation and navigation, in all weather conditions, of the vessel as well as the safety of all persons on board.
- Ensures that the vessel is properly manned in accordance with the vessel’s COI and that accurate passenger counts are conducted and recorded.
- Responsible for the training of the vessel crew and adherence to all applicable United States Coast Guard, Federal and State laws, including Company policies and procedures. Evaluate the capabilities and performance of each crew member, and keep the Operations Manager informed.
- Responsible to immediately report any accident, incident or unusual occurrence, by the quickest available means, to the appropriate manager. Captain must also ensure that the company’s Accident/Incident/Unusual Occurrence forms and/or USCG Form 2692 is filled out in an accurate, clear, concise, complete and timely manner.
- Responsible for the appearance and cleanliness of the vessel.
- Performing specified preventative maintenance, including but not limited to gangways, diesel, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical, water (potable, raw, black, and gray), fire suppression, communications, and navigation
- Ensures periodic engine room inspections are conducted while underway.
- Document and report maintenance activities and deficiencies in the company’s Wheel-House Software
- Must be conversant with the vessels Security Plan to ensure that security drills are conducted and recorded as required by company policy and logged a timely manner.
- Conduct Safety Drills as required by USCG regulations and as may be outlined by Company Policy.
- Responsible for conducting daily job briefings at the beginning and end of the shift. The completion of the job briefing must be acknowledged and logged in the vessel’s logbook.
- Responsible for the conduct of all crew to ensure that all company policies are being adhered to.
- Ensure adherence to Coast Guard rules and regulations, and other federal and local rules and regulation
- Ensure strict compliance to Emergency Response Plan
- Additional job duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 100-TON Master Inland or above License.
- TWIC, First Aid/CPR.
- Marine Radio Operator Permit.
- Detail Oriented / situational awareness.
- Strong Radar / Navigation skills.
- Knowledge of Boston Harbor.
- Strong focus on safety and teamwork.
- Will be required to be available for work weekends and on all major holidays.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences’ mission, vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and Transportation Leader.
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions, childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- First Aid
- Radar & Communication
Posted May 24, 2021