POSITIONS: Able Seafarers
COMPANY: AET Tankers
LOCATION: Galveton, Texas
AET is a global leader in petroleum shipping delivering top quality, market leading services to the world’s oil companies, trading houses and refiners. AET is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, with commercial centres in Singapore, London, Houston and Gurgaon (India), together with a specialist offshore lightering unit in Galveston, Texas. AET is a wholly-owned subsidiary of leading international maritime conglomerate, MISC Berhad. We employ more than 3,000 highly skilled and dedicated people over 28 nationalities across the world to operate a young and technically advanced fleet. As we continue to grow rapidly, we enjoy a global reputation for delivering the highest standards of service, safety and responsibility in the maritime industry.
AET currently has an opening for an AB in Galveston, TX. The Able Seafarer (AB) reports directly to the vessel Chief Mate and stands security-related watch, such as gangway watch or anchor watch while the vessel is not underway. The AB performs general maintenance, repair, sanitation and upkeep of material, equipment, and areas in the deck department. The AB receives daily standing orders from the Chief Mate.
- maintain housekeeping throughout the deck spaces.
- is responsible to carry out the orders of the Chief Mate or Captain in a timely and efficient manner and shall assist the Chief Mate as appropriate and directed.
- responsible for all deck maintenance inclusive of surface preparation/painting of all surfaces as directed, lubrication of deck machinery and maintenance of deck machinery, etc.
- hold anchor, night, and underway watches. He or she should be proficient in their knowledge of security procedures and duties, and all watch procedures as outlined in this manual. He or she should be trained in STCW Basic Safety Training.
- shall have duties during STS operations of assisting the Chief Mate in deployment and retrieval of STS equipment.
Able Bodied Seaman (Special/Unlimited) mariner credential, TWIC, STCW BST: Basic Fire Fighting, STCW: Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities, STCW BST: First Aid/CPR, STCW BST: Personal Survival Techniques, OMSA – SafeGulf, Lifeboatman
- Ability to continuously stand for long periods of time
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds or more frequently
- Ability to work in an offshore environment and outside in temperatures up to 100 degrees Fahrenheit
AET is an equal opportunity employer.
For More Information, please contact Sheldon Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted August 4, 2021