POSITIONS: 3rd Mate / Mate 1600 / Mate
LOCATION: Miami, FL
WHO WE ARE
Seafair Cruises operates the Grand Luxe in Miami for the last 15 years and a new vessel being constructed for the Naples market. Seafair offers once in a lifetime experiences for our charter clients and their guests. The Seafair brand is iconic in Miami and the vessel is a fixture on the Miami waterfront.
ABOUT THE VESSEL
The M/V Grand Luxe is a 224’ 600-passenger small passenger vessel berthed in Bayfront Park in Downtown Miami. The Grand Luxe is the largest charter vessel in Florida and the Seafair is an iconic brand on the Miami waterfront. Most charters are in Miami, with occasional repositioning to other Florida regional cities. The ships operate in different divisions similar to a cruise ship with marine, engineering, food & beverage, hospitality, and entertainment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This candidate for this position is a professional watchkeeping officer with experience or interest in the passenger service. Although the ship’s AO is generally local, the Grand Luxe is a 2700 GT multi-departmental enterprise and requires diligence and professionalism from her crew.
The position is a year-round, full time, non-rotational role. Some crew members live aboard, while some commute to work and sleep aboard during their designated night watches.
- Responsible ship’s officer for maintenance of daily, drill, inspection, & security logs
- Responsible for deck department maintenance of the ship’s SMS logs & software
- Maintain compliance documentation such as consortium records, checklists, NCR reports
- Maintain familiarity with CFR 46 and ISM Code
- Ensuring the wheelhouse is always tidy and ready for navigation
- Purchase of parts, supplies, crew provisions, uniforms, & equipment
- Processing of crew purchase requests & purchase orders
- Recruitment & hiring of shore day labor & skilled trades
- Serve as the watch officer and oversee the boatswain, the deck crew, and serve as the master’s deputy
- Principal responsibility for the maintenance of a strong safety culture aboard the vessel at all times.
- Ensure the ongoing maintenance, tidiness & cleanliness of the vessel
- Ensure rigging, moorings, & deck hardware are always in perfect condition
- Participate in or lead weekly drills. Schedule part time staff’s attendance in drills.
- Serve as the on-scene commander in any emergency situation
Watch standing / Vessel Operations
- Performs bridge navigation and deck watch during specified periods as assigned by the Captain.
- Determines geographical position of the ship, using all available means such as GPS, radar ranges, visual observations, depth sounders, etc.
- Operates the vessel in narrow channels, and docks the vessel.
- With proper training, ability to serve as a relief captain
- Work in concert with all ship’s departments in delivering exceptional service to our charter clients and their guests
- Ensure that the interior and the exterior are always in ‘show ready’ condition.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- The preferred license for this position is 500-ton mate or above. The base requirement is a 100-ton master’s license. Basic Training is preferred.
- OICNW is highly preferred.
- A candidate must be ready to accept a full-time year-round position in Miami, FL
- Computer literacy with experience in computerized SMS systems is preferred.
Interested applicants should inquire via email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted July 14, 2021