Marine company seeks a motivated individual to work as a Deckhand. Deckhands are responsible for all daily operations of barges and vessels. Daily responsibilities include: making the tow, delivering the tow, checking the fleet (lines, cables, hatches, water), retrieving/placing lanterns, performing pre-operational checks and cleaning the vessel. Responsible for general maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Be able to hear, comprehend and follow verbal instructions communicated in the English language.
- Be familiar with Inland Waterways Regulations.
- Work safely and wear required personal protective equipment.
- Be available to work seven days per week 12 hour work days (6 hours on/6 hours off).
- Be accountable, responsible and dependable.
- Make decisions.
- Make judgments.
- Operate machinery.
- Work/Interact with others.
- Train, teach or give directions.
- Follow direction.
- Product knowledge.
- Be able to visually inspect.
- Work around operating equipment.
- Utilize eye/hand coordination.
- Use hand tools.
Deckhands are required to work and stay on the vessel for extended periods of time in a rotational schedule.
Incumbent will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot-cool/cold as well as occasional rain.
The physical nature of the work will vary from day to day based on operational needs; however the job will require the incumbent to be able to perform: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, typing, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motion. Incumbent will also be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including, but not limited to: Hard Hat, eye wear, safety vests, gloves, masks/ respirators (when necessary) and steel-toe boots.
MMD, TWIC (Required) Must pass pre-employment drug tests as well as random drug screening
To apply please email: email@example.com