Position: Able Bodied Seaman
Company: Oceaneering International
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world’s premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries. Assists with the maintenance of deck operations and performs operational checks and minor repairs when necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with deck maintenance and independently carries out various deck department duties.
- Daily maintenance to preserve painted surfaces of the ship and maintains lines.
- Member of shipboard emergency response team.
- Responsible for communications, safety watches, and deck watches during operations when assigned to be watch keeper.
- Informs Chief Officer of third party inspections and maintenance.
- Measures depth of water in shallow or unfamiliar waters, communicating the information to bridge.
- Overhauls lifeboats and lifeboat gear and raises or lowers with winch or falls.
- Splices and repairs cables and ropes using hand-tools.
- Performs any other additional duties that may be required or assigned.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required. Vocational training is preferred.
- One to two years related vessel crane and deck operational experience.
- Vessel experience in the Gulf of Mexico within the oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of SMS shipboard procedures.
- Merchant Mariner’s Credential (Z-card) with AB Unlimited endorsement.
- STCW-95 (Standard Training and Watch Keeping Certification) with RFPNW (Rate Forming Part of a Navigational Watch) endorsement.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid TWIC card.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.