Position: Able Bodied Seaman
Company: John W. Stone Oil Distributor
Location: Gretna, LA
Company Description: John W. Stone Oil Distributor, LLC is the local leader in dockside, mid-streaming, and offshore fueling along the Mississippi River, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Venice, Louisiana, and into the Gulf of Mexico.
Position: Able-Bodied Seaman (AB).
Worksite: Onboard an Offshore Supply Vessel (OSV).
Home Port: Located in Gretna, Louisiana.
Work Schedule: 21 days on / 21 days off.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform a full range of general maintenance duties, including general cleaning, scrubbing, mopping, restocking supplies, clearing litter, chipping, scraping, and painting, changing oil and filters, etc.
- Perform routine duties as directed by the Captain and Chief Engineer.
- Line-handling and rigging.
- Watch hose during transfers.
- At Least 18 Years of Age.
- Reliable Transportation to and from Work.
- High School Diploma (or its equivalent).
- Valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) with an the following endorsements:
- Able-Bodied (AB) Seaman (OSV, Special, Limited, or Unlimited).
- Basic Training Endorsement (VI/1).
- Security Awareness (VI-6).
- Rating Forming Part of a Navigational Watch (RFPNW) (II-4).
Physical Requirements: All offers of employment are conditioned on passing a drug screen (a DOT test, and a non-DOT hair test) and a fit-for-duty physical examination.
John W. Stone Oil Distributor, LLC is an EEO/AA Employer