Northeast Maritime Institute’s Maritime Education and Training Co-Operative (MET Co-Op) is a program that assists professional mariners in reaching their career goals at reduced costs. An initial two year commitment is required. The initial fee is $398.00 students will be charged for the full two years upon initial enrollment. Membership in MET Co-Op may be renewed thereafter at a fee of $199.00 annually.
Enrollment Entitles Members To:
• 20% off tuition of regularly scheduled courses*
• Lodging rates of $48 per night plus tax at the Seaport Inn and Marina while attending courses
• Discounts on U.S. Coast Guard required physicals and drug tests at nearby Tristan Medical Centers
• Electronic Mariner Credential Record keeping and Renewal Alert Service
• Assistance with TWIC and U.S. Coast Guard Applications
• Electronic newsletter and access to our program calendar
• Free use of NMI’s study computers and on-site references for self-study
• 10% Discount on NMI apparel over $15.00
• Submission of USCG applications to your regional exam center (REC)
• Resume/ Cover Letter Assistance
• Job Search Assistance through Student Services
*Does not include Nighttime Captain’s Courses, Advanced Firefighting, RFPNW Assessments, Radar Renewal, Flashing Light, Medical Courses, Drill Instructor Workshop, Designated Duty Engineer, Mate Pilot Program, Master/Mate 500/1600 Tons, Pre-Steersman Program, Q-MED, STCW Refresher Course, and Z-Drive Courses.
For more information contact Registration.
Click here to print a copy of the MET CO-OP Application. Bring with you the first day of class to enroll.